Somebody asked me the other day, who is David? What motivates you? And that’s led me to start thinking about it in more detail. What’s my why? Simon Sinek talks about this a lot in his great book “Start with Why”- if you’re not clear on this, then you will not make the right decisions for you, or for any business endeavours you’re engaged in.
So here is my why:
- I want to be able to spend more time with my friends and family, to build on and improve the important relationships in my life
- I want to enjoy my life more
- I want to help people live happier, healthier, better quality lives
- I want to live in alignment with values- and operate from a place of integrity
- I want to do work that matters
These are my golden rules that will drive my decision making. Yes I need to earn money, and yes I want to have a comfortable life but if every life decision I do aligns to this, then I will be living a more authentic life that is better for me and my loved ones. At least that’s the theory :)…
I have already started putting this into practice. I have started a new part time business endeavour recently which allows me to work from home- I help people save money on their household essential services. For me this is win, win. If I can help people by helping them save money in what is a really difficult time, and earn a small amount from helping them then everybody benefits.
If you’re interested in finding out more, then I am very happy to discuss it with you further. Drop me a message and say hi!